Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pregnacy MythBuster #1

It’s that time in life when I'm going through a mixture of emotions — excitement, happiness and anxiousness. As a soon-to-be-mother I want to try and do everything right in order to have a safe and healthy delivery .
But the endless advice that people are giving leave me perplexed. Right from the doctor to parents, friends, relatives and even strangers; everyone has an opinion on what I should and shouldn’t do.
A lot of pregnancy myths are created through hearsay and need to be sifted out from the truth.

Myth: A common notion is that eating papaya, eggs and other 'heaty' foods may result in an abortion
Fact: There is no such thing as 'hot’ foods and if eaten in moderation it will cause no harm to the baby

I shall come up with more such myth-busters posts.
Please share if you know of any such myth-buster related to pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. There are so many myths out there and so many rules now, it is hard to keep track. This could really help some new soon-to-be moms out.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I like yours, am now following and looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete